From T2B Wiki
CRAB submission to the GRID
- This page describes details about the usage of CRAB at the IIHE. This page does not aim to explain CRAB.
- For general information on how to use Crab, we strongly advise you to go to the following link and also this one
- In case of troubles with CRAB, before sending a mail to the T2 admins or to the "Crab Feedback" Hypernews mailing list, please read this
- More information on running with crab on the grid can be found in the CMS workbook
- A list with Frequently Asked Questions can be found here
- Please subscribe to hn-cms-crabFeedback@cern.ch and to hn-cms-crabDevelopment@cern.ch for staying up to date on problems and developments
- CMSSW enviroment is under variable VO_CMS_SW_DIR is the correct release. (This also means that this variable will not have to be set manually anymore)
CRAB is available under cvmfs
- For CRAB3
source /cvmfs/cms.cern.ch/crab3/crab.sh or source /cvmfs/cms.cern.ch/crab3/crab.csh
- For CRAB2 (almost deprecated)
source /cvmfs/cms.cern.ch/crab/crab.sh or source /cvmfs/cms.cern.ch/crab/crab.csh
You'll find all information [here https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/CMS/SWGuideCrabForPublication]
Using the crab server or not: only for CRAB2
- According to the Crab software guide it is recommended to use the crab server.
- In most crab tutorials you will see that you are given the choice between using the glite with our without the server. Although there is a 3rd possibility. If you read the crab FAQ you will see a short comparison on using the glite-server or the glidein-server.
Comments and FAQ
- autocompletion with csh doesn't seem to work
- actually, is seems to work as intended
- TAB only completes unambigous prefixes
- use CTRL-D to list all possible matches
- as the old /user is not mounted, you will need to recreate the $HOME/.globus directory and copy your usercert.pem and userkey.pem files.
- don't forget to check the permissions of the files.