First access to t2b
From T2B Wiki
There are a few steps to gain access to the T2:
- First thing to know: our contact mail is grid_admin AT listserv.vub.ac.be . Please always send mails to this list and not to personnal emails, this way everyone here can respond and keep up-to-date with problems.
- Now, to get access to our T2, send us a mail with the following (EVERYTHING IS MANDATORY):
- You need to add your promotor/boss in cc
- Use your preferred contact email, as it is the one we will keep to contact you
- Present yourself shortly, with AT LEAST those informations:
- Full Name
- research group/experiment
- 4. Add the login name you want to use. If you have a CERN account, it needs to be the same (even if said account is not enabled anymore).
- 5. Finally, copy-paste the content of your PUBLIC ssh key in the mail, in order to have access to our User Interfaces (UIs, or often called the mX machines). To create a pair of ssh keys if you don't have one already, do the following:
in a shell type: > ssh-keygen and follow the instructions. The defaults suggested are fine. Just choose a password. this will create 2 files in the following directory: $HOME/.ssh The files are: id_rsa id_rsa.pub You need to send us the content of id_rsa.pub, which is your public key. The other is your private key and should never be shared. Note that if you already have one somewhere else, copying both id_rsa[.pub] files on your computer is fine too.
- 6. [OPTIONAL] If you already have a certificate, please add your DN to the mail. The DN is given by the content of "Identity" when issuing the command voms-proxy-info.
- [IMPORTANT] You need to register to the t2b user mailing-list. This is where we make important announcements to our users.
- Go to the request page
- search for the list beginning with belgian-t2-users
- then hit the button subscribe
- If any of this fails, ask someone to contact the mailinglist admins (or ask them to send a mail to this list with your request)
- If you need a grid certificate, follow this twiki page
** IMPORTANT: you need a grid certificate to be able to write to our mass storage system.
- Now that you have access to our T2, read the following:
- ... everything else you might need on the wiki front page